Important risk and regulatory disclosure about Taurus SA
Taurus SA (“Taurus”) is a Swiss securities firm with registered address at Place Ruth-Bösiger 6, CH-1201 Geneva, Switzerland. It is authorised and supervised by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (“FINMA”), Laupenstrasse 27, CH-3003 Bern, Switzerland.
As a securities firm, Taurus is offering the following financial services:
- Trading and brokerage of digital assets, securities and financial instruments for the account of clients and for its own account - this definition includes the acquisition or disposal of financial instruments, and the receipt and transmission of orders in relation to financial instruments
- Market-making/liquidity-providing of digital assets, securities and financial instruments
- Issuance house for digital assets, securities and financial instruments
- Operator of the Taurus Digital eXchange (“T-DX”) Organised Trading Facility
- Custody of digital assets for the account of clients.
The above services are governed by dedicated Financial services terms and conditions. Moreover, Taurus develops digital asset infrastructure solutions and provides IT and infrastructure services according to the IT ifrastructure and technology services terms and conditions.
Taurus only offers financial services to the following client segments as defined in the Swiss Federal Act on Financial Services (“FinSA”):
- Professional clients;
- Institutional clients; and
- High-net-worth retail clients (and private investment structures created for them) declaring that they wish to be treated as professional clients (opting out).
Taurus’ financial services are not directly targeted to nor available for retail clients. Professional clients who are not institutional clients within the meaning of Article 4 paragraph 4 of FinSA may declare that they wish to be treated as retail clients (opting in), in which case Taurus will not serve them.
Taurus provides financial services solely on an “execution-only” basis. Consequently, clients are informed that no appropriateness or suitability assessment will be performed.
Taurus’ clients have the possibility of initiating mediation proceedings before the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution, a recognised ombudsman in accordance with Title 5 of FinSA.
Are clients’ deposits protected under the deposit insurance esisuisse? Yes, like any bank and any securities firm in Switzerland, Taurus SA signed the Self-regulation “Agreement between esisuisse and its members”. This means clients’ deposits are protected up to a maximum of CHF 100,000 per client. Medium-term notes held in the name of the bearer at the issuing bank are also considered deposits. Depositor protection in Switzerland is provided by esisuisse, and the depositor protection system is explained in detail at esisuisse. Securities (incl. tokenized securities) and credit balances not held in a government-issued currency (e.g. units of cryptocurrencies) are not covered by esisuisse deposit insurance schemes.
More information about Taurus’ financial services under FinSA are available here.
Important risk and regulatory disclosure regarding the T-DX organized trading facility are available here here.